Sunday, May 17, 2009

Krissy & David's Wedding

Krissy and David are the perfect example of why it is a great idea to schedule an engagement shoot before your wedding day and the reason why I include them as part of my commission. The photo on the left is one that I shot at their e-shoot a few weeks ago. I directed them to kiss and, like most people who are uncomfortable having their picture taken, they tensed up a little which comes through in the photo. The shot on the right is from their wedding yesterday and is much more relaxed. The reason for this is not because they had a drastic personality change in just a couple of weeks, it's because I knew how they were going to react to having their picture taken and I knew they would need a little something extra to help them loosen up. Since they had also gotten to know me a little bit better from our practice run, they were naturally more comfortable with me standing in front of them holding my camera. If you are unsure about having engagement photos taken, please rest assured that they are a worthwhile investment both to you and your photographer!

Now, back to the wedding photos! Like Saturday's wedding, the ceremony was standing room only, but I love a challenge and still managed to get some great shots. Things were running a little behind schedule before the wedding and I was really impressed by how well composed Krissy was. She kept her cool and even let David wear the tee shirt she's holding below for part of the reception!

Florist Pauls Flowers
Cake Artist Montilio's Bakery
Dress: David's Bridal
Venue: Primavera















I love to hear your thoughts! What did you think of this post?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable Melissa! You are really amazing and I love you! xoxoxo Kate

Post a Comment